Monday, November 22, 2010

Satori moments and what they really mean

No - This is not a Japanese inspired post.  It's about the word and seemingly what it has replaced in my perception as of late.  So for those of us who are lazy : Satori.  Take a sec to go check this out - seriously I'll wait.


I had never heard this word before until several weeks ago in my Logic and Design weekly lecture.  Now the lectures are there to help maintain a human and explanation apart of the learning process, it is also extremely helpful to people who don't actually mind listening and learning as a process.  So satori is a moment of enlightenment and has very similar meaning to epiphany.  My professor giving the lectures refers to these moments a lot and also seems to put multiple explanations to it. 

A-HA! 

I seem to think that not only does Satori seem now like a bit more odd and unique for explaining this moment but it also serves as a conversation piece.  Hence here we are.  How many times have you ever heard this word?

In summary satori is a fancy way of saying A-HA and also a way to keep conversation grooving along.  Hope this either entertained you or satori-ed you. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel that, more importantly, the moment must be the beginning of a much grander journey. It's not a moment isolated, but more like a spark that sets your world ablaze.

    ReplyDelete