Thursday, October 13, 2011

Computer Applications for Business

So the past 7 weeks has been a ton of exciting and boring and frustrating and dull assignments in my Computer Applications for business class.  This class essentially breakdown the fundamentals of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and really drills in concept complex and simple in nature.  I thought to myself at the beginning of this class that it would be "a breeze" and "how could i not know what was going on?"

I was wrong.  The beginning of this class was like the beginning of a rollercoaster.  Slow, agonizing even and not fun at all.  Then as the weeks flew by there was this steady incline of pressure.  Ideas flying past you as you reach the apex.  Finally last week happened.  I found myself struggling to get down all the aspects of Excel into this one assignment.  To be fair - I've honestly never used Excel before this class, Word and PowerPoint were at a point in time important to business and idea placement here and there. 

Excel kicked my ass.  Last week and not so much this week.  I won't let it get my lunch money again.  I write this blog post triumphantly and from standing on top of the bully I can clearly see that I haven't truly learned anything - yet. 

This is a quicky today and everyone should realize every once in a while that there is always something else to learn.  Also that anything worth doing is worth taking to time to do right 

Oh and there is this bit of excitement!!!!

Next time - Numbers and Gaming systems!

No comments:

Post a Comment